As my first official Friday post, I thought I’d do something fun for you to get to know me a little more. I found a list of beauty questions on Google and figured I’d give them a go. So keep on reading to get a little taste of my makeup style.
30 Beauty Questions Tag
1) Do you remember your first makeup item?
I’m pretty sure my first “makeup” purchase was a Lip Smackers lip gloss in Pink Lemonade. I can still taste it. Ha!
2) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I NEED volume and length! I don’t have the longest eyelashes so I really love a mascara that’s going to make my lashes look thick and lengthy. My absolute favorite is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara. It definitely performs like a high end mascara.
3) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer a medium to full coverage foundation. I want to be able to build it up or sheer it down.
4) Favorite high end brand?
That’s a hard one, but Estee Lauder has yet to disappoint me so we’ll go with that.
5) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I admit, I’ve never tried the YouTube standard Laura Mercier translucent powder (or any of the other products), but I’m looking to get my hands on some soon!
6) Favorite drugstore brand?
It’s a tie between e.l.f Cosmetics and ColourPop. They’re both so amazing, yet SO affordable.
7) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
YES! I love me a good lash. I’m always on the hunt for a new pair of lashes so if you have any reccomendations, let me know in the comments!
8) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I’m fine leaving the house bare faced, but if I just want to look a smidge more alive it’d be brows and mascara.
9) What is your most cherised beauty product?
The ColourPop Precision Brow Pencil is my ride or die. I’m OBSESSED. I have backups on backups on backups. So good.
10) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I shop for makeup prettttty often. It all depends on my mood whether or not I buy a lot or a little at a time. It also depends on what new releases there are at the time.
11) Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
I spend whatever I can, whenever I can.
12) Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Uh yeah! Makeup can get pretty pricey so I love to save some coins wherever I can. I get tons of special offers through my email and I’m pretty much a member of every beauty rewards program I’ve come across. I also use Ebates when shopping online!
13) What type of product do you buy the most of?
Eyebrows and lip products are my most frequently bought.
14) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
Any brand that doesn’t have suitable products for my fellow darker skinned consumers.
15) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I probably should, but I don’t. I do pay attention more when the claims paraben, sulfate, silicone, or oil free are highlighted on the packaging.
16) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
I love Ulta because there’s always BOGOs and other sales or discount codes that you can use! There’s also something about the experience of shopping at Sephora that makes me feel a little more expensive (lol).
17) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I looove trying new skin care products, with caution though. I don’t try too many new things at one time and I have my regular products that I know work for me and my skin.
18) Favorite bath and body brand?
I stock up on Bath & Body Works everything. Their body butters have recently stolen my heart too!
19) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
I don’t think there’s any brand I’d be comfortable using ONLY their products.
20) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love all of the gold in Estee Lauder packaging. It’s always durable, yet chic and sexy.
21) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Kim Kardashian’s makeup always SLAPS. Her makeup artist Ariel is so talented and I’m always inspired by the looks they do.
22) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23) 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
Queen Jackie Aina, Makeup Shayla, KathleenLights, Alissa Ashley, and the Glamtwinz (Kendra & Kelsey Murrell). Yes, I know that’s technically 6, but whateva.
24) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I use products however I please anyway, but I love when a product actually says it’s multipurpose.
25) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
At this point, I’ve done my own makeup so many times that even when I make mistakes, I know how to finesse it into a look.
26) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I use whatever concealer I’m using that day to prime my eyelids and then I set them down with powder.
27) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Most of the time issa wig, but on my natural hair I use a bunch of products to keep it moisturized and soft.
28) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
I do foundation and then concealer now, but I still remember my concealer first days.
29) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I’d love to take a master class from some of my favorite makeup artists.
30) What do you love about makeup?
I love makeup in general, the colors, the process of putting it on, the smells. It’s so satisfying. What I love most, though, is that makeup can be whatever you want it to be. It can be sexy, natural, dramatic, or anything else you envision for it. I’ve watched makeup change so many people’s lives over the past few years and it’s so magical to see. I love witnessing a woman realize that she can be cute with or without it and I also love seeing my sisters cake it on! It’s really something that brings joy to my life.
Phew! That was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. If you got all the way to the end make sure you like and share this post so I know that you did!
Thank you so much for reading. Let me know some of your favorite beauty products down below in the comments. I’ll see you next time.